Monday 23 April 2007

AS CLEAR AS MUD

Earlier in this blog I outlined how I had sent to letters under the Freedom of Information Act (6th April 2007; “A Man Called H”). I have now received replies and I want you to pay close attention and concentrate;

“I sent two letters under the Freedom of Information Act concerning compulsory purchase of land and outstanding monies, one to Nexus and one to Sunderland City Council. I received reply from the Council saying that all the information was held by Nexus. I therefore wrote to Nexus asking them for the information. Their Head of Legal Services replied saying that it was not their problem, and I should contact the Council for the information, and if I wanted any more information I should send him £450 for the privilege. I then received another letter from said Head of Legal Services telling me the same thing again but with fewer words, and that he did not think any compulsory purchases had been made. And if I wanted to know about any outstanding monies he still wanted his £450. Oh by the way, in between all this I was given site of a letter to a Councillor in Sunderland from the Director of Rail and Infrastructure saying that land had been compulsory purchased, and that money was still owed. No mention of the $450 though.”

Now that should settle matters once and for all, but regretfully I can’t see through mud, and this whole exchange of letters is about as clear as mud! However, I do know when I am being treat like a mushroom and fed you know what! The whole scenario reminds me of those “That’s Life” programmes with Esther Rantzen when they used to read out letters from irate customers!. So it’s back to the drawing board, but this time with a couple of contradictory letters to batter Nexus with.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Like the bloody lottery, these parking spaces.

http://www.syndicateclub.co.uk

VISITORS TO THE SITE